Job Openings and Volunteer Opportunites
Bilingual Resource Coordinator
Job Title: FACT Resource Coordinator
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt (35 hours/week)
Location: PACT, Decatur, AL
Reports To: FACT Program Manager
Working Hours: Office Hours Routinely 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the FACT Resource Coordinator will work with other FACT staff members in an effort to provide services at selected schools. The Resource Coordinator is responsible for networking with community organizations to provide assistance to families. The Resource Coordinator is also responsible for networking with the school and community partners to identify and address issues that exist with the families at the identified schools.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Fluent communications skills, written and verbal, in English and Spanish
• Self-starter; able to complete tasks in an efficient and accurate manner, often working with indirect supervision.
• Independently manage workload and related responsibilities.
• Ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgement in arriving at conclusions.
• Working knowledge of parent-child interaction, child development, the dynamics of child abuse and neglect, and the ability to apply this information in working with families.
• Working knowledge of community resources and ability to use them appropriately to meet client needs.
• Ability to function within a team atmosphere; maintain an effective working relationship with employees, community agencies, volunteers, and the public.
• Accurately complete documentation as requested by supervisor.
• Perform all job related responsibilities in a professional manner.
Education and Experience:
• Prefer college degree in related child development/education field or two-three years of college and related experience.
• Previous experience working with children.
Required Certification/License: Must have valid Alabama driver’s license, a car, and valid automobile insurance. Employees must successfully complete a DHR CA/N (Child Abuse and Neglect) Clearance and ABI (Alabama Bureau of Investigation) Clearance.
(Responsibilities are not listed in any certain order of importance.)
1. Employee is expected to follow agency policies and procedures.
2. Employee is expected to keep effective records management system that will facilitate efficient use and security of pertinent data, statistics, and other records.
3. Employee is expected to attend and participate in regular staff meetings, in-service training and other meetings as required.
4. Employee is expected to demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and maturity in interpersonal staff relationships.
5. Employee is expected to identify and successfully complete tasks on a day-to-day basis without continuous supervision.
6. Employee is expected to answer telephone in a professional and friendly manner, record accurate information and direct calls to appropriate individual.
7. Employee is expected to greet and direct visitors in a friendly and professional manner.
8. Employee is expected to complete the Parents as Teachers curriculum certification and implement this curriculum with families (number of families to be determined by supervisor).
9. Employee is expected to document work according to agency established guidelines.
10. Employee is expected to interface, coordinate, and generally serve as liaison with assigned Decatur City Schools Title I Elementary School.
11. Employee is occasionally required to participate in after-hours activities including group meetings, PTA meetings and agency fundraisers.
12. Employee is expected to perform other related duties as assigned by FACT Program Manager or Executive Director.
PACT has many rewarding year round, short term and group project opportunities available for volunteers.
All interested volunteers must complete a volunteer application delivered in person to the PACT Family Resource Center.