Job Openings and Volunteer Opportunites
Bilingual Resource Coordinator
Job Title: FACT Resource Coordinator
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt ( 18 hours/week)
Location: PACT, Decatur, AL
Reports To: FACT Program Manager
Working Hours: Office Hours Routinely 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the FACT Resource Coordinator will work with other FACT staff members in an effort to provide services at selected schools. The Resource Coordinator is responsible for networking with community organizations to provide assistance to families. The Resource Coordinator is also responsible for networking with the school and community partners to identify and address issues that exist with the families at the identified schools.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Fluent communications skills, written and verbal, in English and Spanish
- Self-starter; able to complete tasks in an efficient and accurate manner, often working with indirect supervision.
- Independently manage workload and related responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgement in arriving at conclusions.
- Working knowledge of parent-child interaction, child development, the dynamics of child abuse and neglect, and the ability to apply this information in working with families.
- Working knowledge of community resources and ability to use them appropriately to meet client needs.
- Ability to function within a team atmosphere; maintain an effective working relationship with employees, community agencies, volunteers, and the public.
- Accurately complete documentation as requested by supervisor.
- Perform all job related responsibilities in a professional manner.
Education and Experience:
- Prefer college degree in related child development/education field or two-three years of college and related experience.
- Previous experience working with children.
PACT has many rewarding year round, short term and group project opportunities available for volunteers.
All interested volunteers must complete a volunteer application delivered in person to the PACT Family Resource Center.